CLEARWATER COUNTY TAXPAYERS ASSOCIATION
FEBRUARY 9, 2017
LESLIEVILLE ELKS HALL
1.0 Welcome and introductions
- At 7:05 p.m. President Marianne Cole welcomed all those in attendance. Those in attendance introduced themselves.
2.0 Approval of Agenda
2. Item 6.6, 6.7, and 6.8 were added to the agenda. Marlene Brattberg moved that we approve the agenda as presented. Dennis Ross seconded. Carried.
3.0 Minutes of the last Meeting
3. Marianne Cole read minutes of January 12, 2017 meeting. Trish Bingham moved that minutes be approved as recorded. Dan Warkentin seconded. Carried.
- Financial Report
4. Pat Butler read the financial report. Pat Butler moved that the financial statements be accepted as presented. Dennis Anderson seconded. Carried.
- Business arising from the minutes
- Letter to Pat Alexander re: joint meeting. A letter had been sent January 19, 2017 to Pat Alexander requesting a meeting with him and Curt Maki in regards to not receiving any responses to our letters addressing our concerns. A reply to the letter was not received so Marianne and Dan spoke to Pat and Curt on January 24, 2017 to set up a meeting. Pat and Curt felt that Ron Leaf should be included as well. They are to let Marianne know when a time works for them.
5.2 A concern was brought forward by a member regarding not getting a reply from the county when concerns are raised with his own personal experience. Messages are left with staff and calls are not returned.
- New business
- Joint Town/County Council Meeting January 24, 2017. At the joint meeting on January 24, 2017, council went “in camera” to discuss the Joint Service Agreement regarding the water and wastewater development. No decision was made. The county and town are waiting on more information before making a decision.
- County Open House and Information Meeting February 16, 2017. There will be an open house and meeting held February 16, 2017 for the Clearwater-North Rocky Major Area Structure Plan. This meeting will be held at the Subway room in the Christianson Center. Open house from 6:30 – 7:30pm. Meeting 7:30 - 8:30pm.
- Information article re: above for the Western Star? Discussion took place about the need for the public to have more information about the proposed development. Trish Bingham made a motion to put information in the Western Star about the proposed development with the heading “When is enough enough?” Robert Brattberg seconded. Carried.
- Leslieville/Condor Fire Hall update. Council has decided to go forward with the process of buying land for the new firehall.
- Invitation to councilors to attend our meetings. Discussion took place about having county councilors attend our meetings. Ken Qually moved that all councilors are given an invitation to attend CCTA meetings. Lawrence Stewart seconded. Carried.
- Letter from Municipal Affairs. Marianne Cole sent a letter to Municipal Affairs on February 8, 2017 with our concerns with some concerns regarding the Joint Services Agreement. A reply was received February 9, 2017.
- Ken Qually announced a candidate that will run in the next county election in Division 2. He introduced Cammie Liard and she gave an outline of why she will be running.
- Elections. Discussion took place about council elections and limiting the Reeve position to two terms.
- Next meeting March 9, 2017 @ 7:00pm.
- Adjournment. Motion to adjourn was made by Dan Warkentin @ 9:05 p.m. Seconded by Dennis Anderson.